Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
Updated: June 15, 2019
The websites located https://www.visionaryquestrecords.com (the "Site") is a copyrighted work belonging to Visionary Quest Records ("Company", "us", "our", and "we"). Through the Site, Company provides certain services, including its online service that enables users to purchase licenses for, and view and print, certain sheet music (such services collectively, the "Services").
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE "AGREEMENT") SET FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, SERVICES, AND THE SHEET MUSIC, APPLICATIONS, AND OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, SERVICES, OR ANY SHEET MUSIC, APPLICATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE, (1) YOU REPRESENT THAT “YOU” ARE THE INDIVIDUAL THAT REGISTERS FOR AN ACCOUNT ON THE SITE, (2) YOU ARE OF SUFFICIENT LEGAL AGE IN YOUR JURISDICTION TO CREATE BINDING LEGAL OBLIGATIONS, AND (3) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU CANNOT MAKE ANY OF THE FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR SERVICES OR USE ANY SHEET MUSIC, APPLICATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE.
Certain features of the Services or Site and/or certain materials provided through the Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Site in connection with such features or materials. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between any provision of this Agreement and any provision in such guidelines, terms, or rules, the provision in such guidelines, terms, or rules will control but solely with respect to the feature of the Services or Site or the material provided through the Site to which such guidelines, terms, or rules apply.
1. ORDERS AND PAYMENT. You may place an order to purchase a license to any Item (as defined in Section 3.1 below) or to purchase any material offered for sale on the Site subject to the terms of this Agreement. YOU HEREBY AUTHORIZE COMPANY TO BILL YOUR CREDIT CARD OR PAYMENT ACCOUNT THE FEES LISTED ON THE SITE FOR THE ITEM OR MATERIAL ORDERED BY YOU. Fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you are responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies or duties.
2. LICENSE DETAILS
Purchaser is the customer who buys the sheet music. The customer is then deemed to be the licensee for whom licensor grant the license below. A licensee may be an individual. A licensee may also be a school or organization for which purchaser has acted on behalf of the school or organization to purchase the respective license for the given music score and its instrumental parts.
2.2 Downloading a PDF file
After purchasing this music, purchaser has become the licensee if acting as an individual. If purchaser is acting on behalf of school or music organization, then school or music organization becomes the licensee upon the completion of the purchase. Licensee may then download PDF file of digital music product ordered.
Sharing and copying music scores and parts with others
When licensee downloads this music, licensee has purchased the license to use such music for licensee’s music ensembles but licensee is not permitted to share this purchased sheet music with other music directors or music teachers for their use in their respective music ensembles. This includes making the digital download available either via the internet or any other method. If licensee is acting on behalf of the school or an institution, then licensee is the school or organization and copies of the music are permitted so long as it remains within the school or institution. (i.e. Senior High School A has purchased music score plus parts to Song X. School A can make as many copies of that music score and parts for its students or players. However, School A would not be permitted to share purchased music score and parts with a different school or organization.
Multiple copies of this score
When licensee purchases this score as an individual, licensee is licensed to make as many copies as licensee requires without purchasing any additional copies for licensee’s music students or musicians. However, licensee is not permitted to make copies for another music ensemble. If licensee is a school or organization, then licensee is licensed to make as many copies as licensee requires for licensee’s school or organization. However, licensee has a school or organization is not permitted to make copies for another school or music organization.
Multiple copies of the parts
When licensee purchases the instrumental music parts as an individual, licensee is licensed to make as many copies as licensee requires without purchasing any additional copies for licensee’s music students or musicians. However, licensee is not permitted to make copies for another music ensemble. If licensee is a school or organization, then licensee is licensed to make as many copies as licensee requires for licensee’s school or organization. However, licensee as a school or organization is not permitted to make copies for another school or music organization.
When licensee purchases this music, the publisher also grants licensee permission to perform the music without obtaining any additional performance license from them.
If licensee wishes to record a performance of this music, then licensee must first contact the publisher to obtain permission.
Use of recordings
If licensee wishes to broadcast, publish, sell, or make a profit in any way from a recording of this music, then licensee must first contact the publisher to obtain permission.
Contacting the publisher
· Customers can contact publisher at email@example.com.
· Customers may also contact publisher at 888-512-7317 ext. 101
All copyright and other proprietary notices on any materials provided through the Site must be retained on all copies thereof.
2.2 Ownership. You acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Site, Services, Items, Applications, and other materials provided through the Site, are owned by Company or Company’s suppliers. The provision of the Site, Services, Items, Applications, or other materials provided through the Site, does not transfer to you or any Third-Party any intellectual property rights thereto. Company and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement. Company grants no implied licenses in this Agreement.
2.3 Feedback. If you provide Company any feedback or suggestions regarding the Site, Services, Items, Applications, or materials provided through this Site (collectively, "Feedback"), you hereby assign to Company all rights in the Feedback and agree that Company shall have the right to use such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. Company will treat any Feedback you provide to Company as not confidential or proprietary to you. You agree that you will not submit to Company any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
2.4 Third-Party Software. You acknowledge that certain features of the Site or Services or certain Applications may require the use of separate third-party software (for example, Flash), which you must download on to your computer from the site of the licensor of such third-party software. Such third-party software is governed by the license agreement provided by the licensor of such third-party software and not this Agreement.
4. NECESSARY EQUIPMENT. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your computer, printer, and related equipment are in good working condition and have the necessary connectivity to access the Site and Services. Company will not be liable to you for any inability to print any Item resulting from or relating to your computer, printer, or related equipment, or connectivity issues.
5. MODIFICATION. Company reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue, in whole or in part, the Site (including your Account) and/or any Service, Item (including your ability to view or print any Item for which you have purchased a license hereunder), Application, or other material provided through the Site, with or without notice. Upon purchase of a license to any Item, you should immediately print such Item in accordance with this Agreement and carefully retain such print copy in your records. You agree that Company will not be liable to you or to any Third-Party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of, in whole or in part, the Site (including your Account) and/or any Service, Item (including your ability to view or print any Item for which you have purchased a license hereunder), Application, or other material provided through the Site.
7. INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify and hold Company (and its officers, directors, employees, and agents) harmless from any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expense (including attorneys' fees), arising from or relating to any claim or demand made by any Third-Party due to or arising out of (i) your use of the Site, Services, Items, Applications, or other materials provided through the Site, (ii) your violation of this Agreement, or (iii) your violation of any applicable law or regulation.
8. THIRD-PARTY SITES & ADS
8.1 Third-Party Sites & Ads. The Site may contain links to Third-Party websites, services, and advertisements for third parties (collectively, "Third-Party Sites & Ads"). Such Third-Party Sites & Ads are not under the control of Company and Company is not responsible for any Third-Party Sites & Ads. Company provides these Third-Party Sites & Ads only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Sites & Ads. You use all Third-Party Sites & Ads at your own risk. When you link to a Third-Party Site & Ad, the applicable third party's terms and policies apply, including the third party's privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third-Party Sites & Ads.
8.2 Release. You hereby release and forever discharge us (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or relates directly or indirectly to, any interactions with, or act or omission of, Third-Party Sites & Ads.
9. DISCLAIMER. THE SITE, SERVICES, ITEMS, APPLICATIONS, AND OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, SERVICES, ITEMS, APPLICATIONS, OR OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE, (A) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED OR TIMELY BASIS, (B) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR (C) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, OR SECURE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT, LOST DATA, LOST ITEM, OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, SERVICES, ITEMS, APPLICATIONS, OR OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. USE OF THE SITE, SERVICES, ITEMS, APPLICATIONS, AND OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE, ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT AND YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, SERVICES, ITEMS, APPLICATIONS, OR OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE, FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO THE COMPANY FOR THE ITEM, APPLICATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE THAT GIVES RISE TO THE LIABILITY. THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. YOU AGREE THAT COMPANY’S SUPPLIERS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND UNDER OR AS A RESULT OF THIS AGREEMENT.SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
11. TERM AND TERMINATION. We may terminate this Agreement, at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site, Services, Items, Applications, or other materials provided through the Site, in violation of this Agreement or in connection with Section 5 above. Upon termination of this Agreement, your Account and all licenses granted to you hereunder will terminate immediately. Company will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of this Agreement. Even after this Agreement is terminated, the following provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect: Sections 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and 6 through 12.
12.1 No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Company, Company will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site, Services, Items, Applications, or other materials provided through the Site.
12.2 Changes to Agreement. This Agreement is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes, we may notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us (if any) and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site. Any changes to this Agreement will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our dispatch of an e-mail notice to you (if applicable) or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on our Site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Site or Services. You are responsible for providing us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Continued use of our Site or Services following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
12.3 Dispute Resolution
(a) PLEASE READ THIS SECTION 12.3 CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS. Except for claims of infringement or misappropriation of Company's intellectual property rights, any and all disputes between you and Company arising under or related in any way to this Agreement must be resolved through binding arbitration as described in this Section. This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be interpreted broadly. It includes, but is not limited to, all claims and disputes relating to your use of the Site, Services, Items, Applications, and other materials provided through the Site.
(b) YOU AGREE THAT BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND COMPANY ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. ANY ARBITRATION WILL TAKE PLACE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
(c) The arbitration will be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by this section. For any claim where the total amount of the award sought is $10,000 or less, the AAA, you and Company must abide by the following rules: (a) the arbitration shall be conducted solely based on written submissions; and (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties. If the claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA rules, and the hearing (if any) must take place in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The arbitrator's ruling is binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event this agreement to arbitrate is held unenforceable by a court, then the disputes that would otherwise have been arbitrated shall be exclusively brought in the state courts located in Broward County, Florida or the federal courts for the Southern District of Florida. Claims of infringement or misappropriation of the other party's patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret shall be exclusively brought in the state courts located in Broward County, Florida or the federal courts for the Northern District of Florida.
(d) This Agreement shall be governed by and construed solely and exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, USA without giving effect to any law that would result in the application of the law of another jurisdiction.
12.4 Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the subject hereof. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word "including" means "including without limitation." If any provision of this Agreement is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of this Agreement will be unimpaired, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to Company is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without Company's prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. Company may freely assign, delegate or transfer this Agreement. The terms of this Agreement shall be binding upon assignees.
12.5 Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Company use electronic means, whether you use the Services or Site or send us emails, or whether Company posts notices on the Site or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were in a hardcopy writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
12.6 Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2019, Visionary Quest Records. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such Third-Party which may own the Marks.
12.7 Contact Information:
Visionary Quest Records
Attn: Customer Service
309 NE 16th Street, Suite 4
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Phone: 888-512-7317 ext. 101