Last updated: May 24, 2018
Visionary Quest Records, LLC (VQR) operates the https://www.visionaryquestrecords.com website ("VQR Website").
This section applies to Personal Information that VQR collect upon Visitor’s visit to Visionary Quest Records, the music site of Tito Abeleda, and the Personal Information that VQR collect when Visitor sign up for its mailing list, which consists of only Visitors’ email addresses.
A. Information VQR Collects
(ii) Information VQR collects automatically through its VQR Website(s): When a Visitor lands on VQR’s VQR Website(s), VQR collects certain information automatically from given device being used to visit VQR’s VQR Website. This information for our purposes is broad as VQR are only monitoring the use of the VQR Website; type of browser, type operating system, whether visit is first time (unique visitor), returning visitor; pages viewed, duration of visit to the site or any given page, or whether visit results in a quick exit. It is technologically possible to obtain more detailed personal data such as interests, but VQR does not utilize or avail themselves of this option currently. Squarespace Analytics and Google Analytics both collect this information on behalf of VQR. As third-party service providers, they each have their own privacy policies.
B. Use of Personal Information
VQR may use the information it collects from Squarespace Analytics or Google Analytics, or its subscribers for a range of reasons, including:
· To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain VQR’s VQR Website.
· To send Subscriber information for marketing purposes, in accordance with Subscriber’s marketing preferences;
· To respond to Visitor’s online inquiries and requests;
· To manage and maintain VQR Website;
· To improve the navigation and content of VQR Website;
· To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of Visitors;
· To customize content and/or layout of the VQR Website;
· To carry out other legitimate and lawful business purposes;
C. Public Information and Third-Party WebsiteS
· Blog. VQR has a public blog (Syncopation) on its Website. Any information included in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. VQR reviews all comments for two purposes: 1) to moderate to ensure inappropriate behavior or commentary is removed and 2) to ensure personal information is identified and then redacted. If Visitor identifies personal information in a comment, Visitor may contact VQR to advise VQR of such personal information identified HERE. VQR will expedite its redaction of such personal information as soon as is possible.
· Social media platforms and widgets. The VQR Website includes social media links from numerous social media platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Spotify, Goodreads, SoundCloud, Facebook, Apple Music, Tumblr, Google Play, YouTube, Tidal, Twitter, and Google Plus, to name a few. These features may collect information about Visitor’s IP address and which page Visitor is visiting on our VQR Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly.
· Links to third-party VQR Website. The VQR Website includes links to other Third-Party Websites, known as VQR’s Music Service Providers (MSPS) whose privacy practices may be different from VQR. VQR sells downloads and/or streams of its digital music products via MSPS. Once a visitor lands on MSPS website via VQR’s link to such website, the policies of that Website govern. VQR encourages its Visitors to review each MSPS’s Cookie, Privacy, and Terms of Service policies.
D. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
E. Other Data Protection Rights
Visitors have the following data protection rights:
Access, Correct, Update, Delete
· To access, correct, update, or request deletion of Visitor’s Personal Information. VQR takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data VQR collects via its third-party providers is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. Visitor may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting Visitor’s Personal Information, or altering Visitor’s data or marketing preferences by emailing us at email@example.com. VQR will consider Visitor’s request in accordance with applicable laws.
Object, Restrict, Request
· In addition, if Visitor is a resident of the EEA, Visitor can object to processing of Visitor’s Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of Visitor’s Personal Information or request portability of Visitor’s Personal Information. Again, Visitor can exercise these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Similarly, if VQR has collected and processed Visitor’s Personal Information with Visitor’s consent, then Visitor can withdraw Visitor’s consent at any time. Withdrawing Visitor’s consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing VQR conducted prior to Visitor’s withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of Visitor’s Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Complain to Data Protection Authority
· Visitor has the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of Visitor’s Personal Information. For more information, please contact Visitor’s local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
VQR responds to all requests VQR receives from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. VQR may ask Visitor to verify Visitor’s identity in order to help VQR respond efficiently to Visitor’s request.